Saturday, October 4, 2008

"Live Your Life"....Sorry for sleeping on ya

At first, I really didn't want to like this song. Shit samples the "Numa Numa" song, for heaven's sake. And the beat is sort-of subpar for Just Blaze's single-standards.

But after numerous spins and hearing it blaring through a friend's car stereo earlier tonight, I've officially joined its team. Switched sides, leaving the haters' behind. This song knocks, and I love the ish out of it now. T.I. kicks some real spit here, which I hadn't realized after what-now-appears-to-be unfairly writing this record off prematurely.

Corny, I know, but the song actually makes me want to go out and play the lotto. Or some similar stuff. Kick it to that dime gal walking by, rather than letting her pull a Pharcyde on me. Walk into work and demand a raise....okay, that last one may be stretching it a bit, but God dammit, the song at least reminds me how much I deserve one. And that's instantly gratifying, I guess.

Sure people have already heard this by now, but if not, here you go. Play it, rock out, chant along to Rihanna's hook, giggle at the "Numa Numa" sample flippage, and notice Mr. Numa Numa himself as the homemade clip's first appearance.



Where's the video for this song, though? Taking some unnecessarily long times to come out, I think. Get on that, Atlantic Records. Because I know you have a smash on your hands here, considering that my opposite-of-hip-hop-py friends all love this shit---the tell-tale sign of through-the-roof-ness.

Word dash Word dash Word dash Word.

No comments: