Sunday, October 5, 2008

Quarantine Watch -- Serious Body Count

Not going to say much here, just wanted to point out something about Quarantine that had bizarrely been unknown to me until two days ago.

When the full trailer was first released, I'd noticed that a bunch of new characters had been added to the story, ones previously non-existent in the original Spanish flick, [Rec]. One in particular who caught my eye, for hormonal/perverse reasons, was a fine-looking Latina female sprinting up a staircase as our heroine, Angela Vidal (played by Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter, also sexy in her own "girl next door" right), went down, with the sexier lady yelling, "Go back! Go back!" Had no clue who she was, though, narrative-wise, being that there wasn't any young, smoking-hot gal characters like that in [Rec].

But the first thing that came to mind was: "Damn, this chick looks a helluva lot like Dania Ramirez." Ramirez, an actress who ranks towards the tippy-top of my "Hollywood women I'd love to have on my casting couch" list. Who you'd know from the show Heroes. Or from that shitty Fat Albert movie. Or from her lesbian makeout session with equally-slammin' Kerry Washington in Spike Lee's otherwise-forgettable She Hate Me.

Photobucket
[Yeah, she's fierce]

However, Quarantine's IMDB page never had Dania Barone (okay, I'm dreaming here)...er, Ramirez listed in the cast, so I just figured that the girl in the trailer was a no-name Dania-lookalike. So, I'm in Barnes and Noble this past Friday night, reading through Quarantine's cover story in Fangoria magazine, when--what do you know--Ramirez is quoted and speaks on her character and the difficulties of shooting 10-minute-take shots, without cutting.

Well I'll be damned....she really is in the flick. And then I consult IMDB on my Blackberry, and there her name finally is, listed in Quarantine's cast as some dame named Sadie....as if I needed any more reasons to be excited by this film. Of course, her sweet-ass is as dead as a doornail (right Jacob Marley?), but still. Maybe she'll even make for a sexy zombie-like-creature, too. Okay, that's kinda wrong, I know.

Photobucket
[see, at least Ramirez herself found that last sentiment amusing...we're meant for each other, clearly]

5 days left, my friends.

No comments: