Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wolfman's Got Nards!!!

Having mentioned this in my last post, I felt compelled to share this wonder with those who visit this here site.

The Monster Squad = a chapter all its own within the story of my life.

Photobucket

If you've never seen it, The Monster Squad was actually finally released on DVD earlier this year, in a special 2-disc edition. Not saying you should just buy it off GP, but its a worthy rental, for sure. Takes its scares and monsters seriously, while mixing in slick teen-based humor when necessary. Just buckets of fun, and surprisingly has held up over the years. I re-watched it a year or so ago, in trepidation, fearing that it'd suck now and thus would decapitate my headful of nostalgia.

Not the case, thankfully. Love(d) it still.

Now, without further blabber.....



And surprise, surprise....a remake is in the works for this one, too, I believe. Though I do feel a remake of The Monster Squad could ideally be decent, my heart-of-hearts can't shake the "it'll blow chunks" feeling.

No comments: