Friday, January 23, 2009

That movie with the Nazi zombies will actually hit theaters....

....some time this year, thanks to IFC Films picking it up for a limited release. Meaning, it'll only play at the awesome IFC Theater in downtown Manhattan, but that's fine by me. The experience of watching David Lynch's headfuck Inland Empire at that theater is still a defining moment in my movie-going saga. Never have I felt so otherworldly, spacey; honestly, I didn't fully snap back to reality until mid-day the following one. Damn, when will Lynch make a new brain-stomping labyrinth of nonsense and subversive genius?

Anyway, here's a taste of said Nazi zombie film, the Norwegian "sensation" Dead Snow. Not much in the way of actual zombies here, but the clip does include vomited, fake-looking blood and chainsaw dissection. And if you can't have some undead Fuhrer-followers in a clip, I always say that cartoon-ish blood is the best alternative.

Enjoy:

No comments: