Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wanna see what my ultimate "geekgasm" is? Well, its coming true.....

Spotted at TV Squad: Best. Idea. Ever.

Photobucket

Graphic novels based on the original scripts of some classic Twilight Zone episodes.....

Okay, so let's crunch the numbers here: I love reading graphic novels, so that's 10 cool points already. Then add in the amount of admiration and overall fanaticism I have for The Twilight Zone, creator Rod Serling, and his brilliant crew of storytellers (Richard Matheson and Charles Beaumont = narrative gods), and that's another 90 cool points. And then, for extra credit, they go and make one of their first two entries "The After Hours," which is one my top T-Zone eps ever (it scared the urine outta me as a wee lad, and made every subsequent department store visit a nerve-wracker).

Great googly fuckin' moogly! I'm one happy nerd, right now.

Here's to hoping "The Hitchhiker," "The Howling Man," "Five Characters in Search of an Exit," and "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" are all on deck, amongst many others. Oh boy, oh boy!

No comments: