Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Honestly, name one other blog you visit daily that'll offer such treats.....

That's right, you can't. Not saying this is something I should take pride in. Though I do. Tremendous amounts, at that.

Call it a fit of brilliant, depraved inspiration. Or merely sick time-killing. But whichever you choose, know that this is really just me collecting some truly kick-ass, iconic scenes. "Iconic" in my neverending theater of the mind, no mediocre-when-it-should've-been-great Ludacris old-news album. This site entry was motivated by a brief convo I had with a friend earlier, online, when she asked me, "Have you seen the original Friday the 13th? [M.B. Note: Come on, man. Are you seriously asking me that?] There's this sick scene where Kevin Bacon gets a spear jammed through this throat, but from up under the bed he's lying on. It's awesome!" My inner dialogue: "My friend, you ain't seen nothin' yet...."

So, rather than just simply watch these classic bits for my own enjoyment, I figure, why not share with those who are fortunate enough to check out my little mind-on-line, cyber joyride.

That all being mumbled and long-windedly said, I present: Truly Kick-Ass Movie Scenes from Some Real Horror Geek Fave Films, Thus Meaning I Like 'Em A-lllott (This is only Part One, with more certainly to come. Stay tuned).....

....from Lucio Fulci's Zombi (this is the textbook def of "prolonging the tension")


....how about something from The Burning, an obscure yet kinda wonderful '80s slasher knockoff; saw this on basic cable during my teen years, and left one helluvan imprint (this is quite possibly the most slasher-issued casualties in one quick-hitting scene, like ever)


...and, lastly for now, the opening off-ing from Suspiria, aka Dario Argento's EZ-Pass into my good-side


There's more where those came from. In due time. Like anybody will actually anticipate more, who am I kidding??

No comments: