Thursday, November 13, 2008

Still no squid; still (thankfully) all good.....

Watchmen fever, the latest relapse. Just when I put the geek-gasms behind me, realizing that March is still a kinda-long ways away, and that it's better to expect the worst here rather than get hopes fucking-kite high to levels beyond the filmmakers' reach, shit like this is dropped, pulling me right back in.....



Basically, this is the "real" trailer, with some plot included. That first one was ideally just to make us nerds happy, to show that they're not botching Alan Moore's masterpiece. Or at least, that they're on the proper track.

Loving it. Makes me want to read the graphic novel for the fifth time, right now. This flick just keeps looking better and better, and better. To me, that is. Feels like the mass consensus is divided, majority on the positive side, but still a cynical lot a-growin'. The peanut gallery is never at peace. Good thing, too.

Here's a set-up from IWatchStuff.com, typically funny and well put (dude who runs that site is hilarious):
"This Watchmen trailer is going to knock you on your nerdy ass. It will knock your books out of your arms, shove you in a locker, and make you do its homework, but you'll still pathetically ask it to come to your birthday party."

.....

And then there's this, the first blahzay, effortless, whatever poster for Judd Apatow's next.....

Photobucket

It'll be great, though, I'm sure. Posters don't make movies. But am I wrong in thinking that putting co-star The Rza somewhere on this poster would've amplified its cool, tenfold? At the very least, as a headshot pop-up in the bottom right corner, a Mortal Kombat's "Toasty!"-like plug-in. Yes? No? Survey says.....Yes.

By the way....how much does Leslie Mann rock? So much so that I actually used "rock" in her honor, and I never say that. "I waaannt some fucckin' Freennch toast!"

No comments: