Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The funniest thing that MTV has ever done.....

.....was that 1999 special 25 Lame, where Jon Stewart, Janeane Garofalo, Chris Kattan, and Denis Leary sat around, shooting the shit, and bashing the 25 lamest videos MTV could compile at the time. It's a forgotten, lost gem in the network's vaults, one I'd love for them to air once in a while over their typical bullshit (The Hills, Exiled, My Parents Are Picking Who I'm Going To Fuck Next, etc.).

This is only a three-video clip, but it's better than nothing. I'm surprised Youtube doesn't have the part where Vanilla Ice joined the panel to officially retire the "Ice Ice Baby" video, only to wreak psychotic baseball-bat-destruction on the set. "No, Vanilla!"

The part where they watch that uber-cheesy Journey video is here, though, thankfully. If anybody has this entire special on VHS or whatever, let a man know. I'd actually pay a few bucks for it.



"Where are they.....Home Depot?"

No comments: