Monday, October 13, 2008

What I call a "productive evening"....

Taking in a cinematic menage a trois tonight...actually, more like a four-way orgy of horror goodness, if I'm being technical with the mathematics.

Seeing Quarantine again immediately after work, just for the hell of it (it's a quick fix, one I'm planning on indulging for a third time next week....junkies need to satiate their urges, or else gradually watch their mental chip away like asbestos bits falling from top-to-bottom in the head)

Then hitting a free Fangoria Mag-sponsored screening of this flick Trick 'R' Treat. It's one of those multiple-tales-in-one films, a la Creepshow, a subgenre that's been sadly neglected in recent memory. What was the last good one I can even recall? Off the dome, none come to mind. Not a good thing....the reviews and press surrounding Trick 'R' Treat have been wall-to-wall positive, which further sends hateful chills down my spine in regards to Hollywood---you see, Trick 'R' Treat was originally supposed to hit theaters last October, through Warner Bros. But for surely-idiotic reasons, the pussies at Warner Bros. bailed last minute and the flick's been floating in heading-toward-an-inevitable-straight-to-DVD-life-span purgatory for a year now, and it seems that it'll ultimately be delayed to a DVD release of October 2009. Retarded. But thankfully, Fangoria, in their horror-pleasing ways, has arranged a free showing tonight down by Avenue A. And of course I couldn't miss it.

Odds are, I'm going to love the hell out of Trick 'R' Treat. Will post my post-watching thoughts later. The trailer is up on Youtube, btw, but I'm too lazy at the moment to grab an embed and post it here. So sorry.

[notice the October 2007 release date on this original poster....damn shame]
Photobucket


And immediately after Trick 'R' Treat ends, Fangoria has a second $$$-deficient screening that I'll be sitting through, for the wonderful Let The Right One In, which I've already blabbed on about here. Amazing vampires-redefined-and-freshly-envisioned flick from Sweden, and a great way to end my horror marathon-of-a-day.

Gonna be a great, late night. Wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: