Monday, October 13, 2008

what I call a "frustrating evening"....

....well, a somewhat frustrating one. Did get to catch Quarantine again, and I'm pleased to say that it holds up. Still really like it. And this time, unlike the last, I saw it in a theater full of spectators, who all cheered and screamed and shrieked throughout. Even clapped as the credits rolled, and chatted amongst themselves on the walk out about how "good" that was, and how "much better than I expected" it turned out to be.

Sweetness.

The evening continued in quality as I hit my personal crackspot....Extraordinary DVD, on the corner of 14th and 7th. Gets new DVDs weeks early, meaning they had The Strangers DVD (Unrated edition, with both uncut and theatrical prints included). Copped that shit with the quickness. Gonna watch the bonus features shortly. Fuckin' great sleeper of a movie. Me likey.

At that point, the evening seemed like one for the books. But then, I got off the F train and approached the Two Boots Pioneer Theater on Avenue A, where the Trick 'R' Treat one-time only screening was to commence in roughly 35 minutes. Problem was, there was a fucking line about 200 people deep stretched longways down East 3rd Street.

What in the fuckity fuck? I took this film and Fangoria's loyal readership for granted. When shit's free, people will flock. In droves.

You can probably see where this story is going....the actual theater only holds like 150 heads, tiny. I was standing somewhere between 174 and 183. Got shut out. Denied. Swindled, sort of.

What in double fuckity fuck?! If I'd had known that admission wasn't guaranteed, I'd have gotten my ass there rapidly. Early in the game. Without a walk-back-to-the-train of shame.

And at that point of disappointment, there was no way in Sam-hell I was waiting around for two hours to see Let The Right One In, a film that is great, granted, but I'd seen already. So, took my ass home. Where I sit now, pissed off.

Really wanted to see Trick 'R' Treat. Now I have to wait like a year 'til its released on DVD. Son of a whore.

So, to those responsible for this free event and who crushed my evening's high-hopes with extreme prejudice, I offer this, courtesy of Dubya himself:
Photobucket

Fangoria...you know I still love ya, though, right?

No comments: