Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Eden Lake = that new goodness??

Just announced, the suits at The Weinstein Company (through their Third Rail Releasing division) are dumping this UK-horror flick Eden Lake into theaters on Halloween, in what I'm sure will be like seven screens nationwide.

Hopefully, one's here in New York, because I'm highly intrigued. The flick seems pretty bland, in description: a loving couple drives into the woods for a romantic day sprawled out on the beach, when a group of teenage scumbags derails their plans into blood-soaked anarchy.

Yawn, right? Perhaps nil....The critics over in the United Kingdom have been hailing this as the "best British horror movie in years," and I've been seeing the words Eden and Lake popping up on all of my beloved genre sites for some time now.

Thought I'd have to wait 'til it hits DVD in December, but now I can catch it on the big screen....fantastic. Let's hope it ends up being bloody good, not just another Deliverance/Last House on the Left/Hills Have Eyes love-child-from-derivative-hell.

Shit, let's hope it'll be playing New York, first of all.

Trailer:

No comments: