Sunday, October 12, 2008

Post-Game -- Indirect Satisfaction

A 64% score on the nationwide film critic site Rotten Tomatoes....

$14.2 million during its opening weekend, falling second to the two-week-champ Beverly Hills Chihuahua, which played to broader audiences, of course. Yet, my special one finished first out of all new flicks, including the bigger-profiled Leo Dicaprio/Russell Crowe snoozer Body of Lies....

Only made for a measly, reported 412 million budget, thus making it a nice-sized hit already....

...yes, it does feel good that Quarantine is a success, on pretty much all fronts. Not that I work for the studio, or anything, though I do kinda feel like the Screen Gems company should mail my ass a generous royalty check for all the voluntary street team work I've been doing for the flick.

But, my reputation (whatever it actually may be, that is) remains intact and avoiding-of-hatred. For this time....

**Wipes his brow, takes a deep soothing breath, and exhales**

Take that, once-impending jeers!!

No comments: