Thursday, October 30, 2008

Martyrs Watch -- A Date When I'll Finally See This Shit

Been ages since I've talked about this one, huh?

Honestly, I've exhausted anything I can say about how much I want to see Martyrs already, so I'll keep this one brief. Besides, Trick R Treat has quietly overtaken the French gore-and-existential-thought-fest (Martyrs, that is) in my "Need. To. See. This. Now" mental inventory, anyway.

But still, seeing Martyrs is a priority. One that was clouded in "fuck, why can't they give the DVD a release date finally, since this will never make American theaters, like, ever" frustrations.

Well, "finally" is over. Just got pegged with a February 24, 2009 street date. Not exactly around the corner, but at least the endgame is in sight, for once. And also meaning that my trusty DVD supplier near Union Square will have it in around February 10 or so. A bit of a consolation.

Photobucket

**Sidenote: Martyrs' writer /director Pascal Laugier has apparently just signed on to re-write and direct the impending, inevitable Hellraiser remake, bringing my dude Pinhead back into the pop culture lexicon. This remake has been flirted with a long ass time now, burning through script-writers, namely the two dudes responsible for my early-2008 obsession Inside. So we'll see how Laugier handles it. If it ever happens, that is.

No comments: