Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Makin' Me Say "Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka" Again.....

I realize that there's been a major lack of hip hop on this here personalized-website lately. Mainly because music has been boring me, sadly, and cinema, literature and my own soul-searching issues have been much more compelling to mull through.

But thankfully, a few albums have been surfacing that have put a smile, and a head-noddin' screwface, on my mug....Madlib, Termanology, the new Black Milk, Planet Asia vs. DJ Muggs, Murs' major label debut, and this new Heltah Skeltah record. All underground, of course, but its no secret that I'd largely rather piss in the mainstream than concentrate on it, musically.

Here's a choice cut from the new Heltah Skeltah album....aside from Wu-Tang and Gang Starr, the Boot Camp Clik was formative as all hell in my defining days of becoming a "rap obsessive and lover." So to hear Ruck and Rock get down with Smif-N-Wessun over a simply-hardcore beat, its a slice of heaven for my lobes. Peep:



As long as shit like this still comes out every once in a while, I'll remain a hip hop head 'til my dying days. Keep it coming, por favor.

**Note: that pic in the video clip is their new album cover....its a bit of genius, if you ask me. Heltah Skeltah has always been the foul-mouthed, cold-hearted comedians of hardcore, and, really, what could be better than that?

No comments: