Friday, March 6, 2009

Trailer Week keeps chugging along.....

......with, first, this, the new Star Trek trailer. Tons to do today so I'm unable to offer much opinion here, but I think it says a lot that I'm really excited about this flick despite haven't ever really given two shits about the Trek franchise prior. Makes me part of the new audience that Trekkies will no doubt hate for being so late to the party and having arrived on J.J. Abrams' bandwagon, but so be it. The man is great at what he does:



This second trailer is one I wasn't expecting to see so soon, but am glad for it. It's a new comedy called The Hangover that's hitting this summer, and my "intel" (as if I actually have legit intel; it's really just colleagues fortunate enough to catch early screenings mixed with online reactions) says that it's pretty hilarious. A potential Summer sleeper hit on our hands. From the dude behind Old School and Road Trip, so you know it's good. The scene with Iron Mike alone shows promise of being a showstopper:



-------

And, before I go off about my busy day, one final item: this amazing "Saturday morning cartoon spoof of Watchmen" made by some wiz guy named Harry Partridge. It's egghead material, and the best piece of pre-release Watchmen insanity yet. Since the movie finally streets today, I figured this was a nice parting gift for the "pre-release express."

No comments: