Friday, March 6, 2009

The McDonalds "Shamrock Shake" Mystery

This post is dedicated to the St. Patty's Day celebration tomorrow in Hoboken, within which I'll be stumbling around drunk starting at precisely 9am. Wish me luck.

Give me anything that's mint-flavored and you'll forever be a friend of mine. Chocolate chip mint ice cream, the greatest of all time. Those mint cookies sold by the Girl Scouts, absolutely divine. You get the drift.

So somebody please explain how in the fuck I've never heard of the enigmatic "Shamrock Shake" prior to this afternoon, when a friend at work put me on? And if anybody knows where I can find one of these, hit me immediately. I'm not playing around here. It's regarded as the Loch Ness monster of the fast food universe, which is mind-blowing in its ridiculousness. Yet, cool.

Photobucket



This has the makings of the perfect dessert, and I'm now determined to find some. I mean, the Shamrock Shake even had its own mascot at one point, Grimace's Irish cousin. That's just wonderful:



Again, if anybody has some insider tracks on the whereabouts of the Shamrock Shake, I'm standing by. It's time for some recon.

No comments: