Saturday, March 21, 2009

Drunk yet fully aware of the brilliance of these two audio treats, you bastards!

When you're drunk as a fucking skunk, as I am right now at about 3am after an evening of Bacardi Orange shots and 22-ounce Coronas (great times had by me and my two co-defendants tonight), you come back home in a rather vulnerable, loose, susceptible state of mind. As in, the type of fucked-up mindframe that would voluntarily watch the following videos on repeat just to fuck with his own cerebellum (worth mentioning....I've had to proofread and retype every fucking word of this post due to severe inebriation at thisi current moment).

But anyway, back to the mission at hand. Me, watching these bizarre, brilliant, subversive, off kilter, what-the-fuck opening bits from a pair of foreign cinematic gems, one I own on DVD and love (Irreversible) and the other I'm ready yo buy come April 7 instantly, as I'm ready for some heady ish from the sick fucker behind the wildly wonderful Calvaire, Fabrice Du Welz (this flick being Vinyan). Revel in the craziness, won't you?:

The dizzying, mesmerizing, genius spin-cycle score from the early section of Gaspar Noe's amazing Irreversible: [The damn file has been removed from Youtube, sadly, but trust me, it's incredible-ness.

2) The opening sequence for Du Welz's Vinyan,a credit bit that I'm in love with for its utter ballsiness and otherworldy demeanor. Just listen to the sound on this bitch, give it a couple of minutes to kick in, please:








No comments: