Monday, March 16, 2009

David Fincher, and a horror comic. I'm in.

The Goon = "The [Dark Horse] comic follows the adventures of a muscle-bound brawler who claims to be the primary enforcer for a feared mobster. The stories have a paranormal and comedic edge to them and concern ghosts, zombies, mad scientists and 'skunk apes.'" [Shock Til You Drop]

WTF is a skunk ape? Something tells me that I'd love it.

Why haven't I heard of this comic, and how come I haven't run out and purchased some back issues by now?

Earlier today, some images from an upcoming computer animated film adaptation of The Goon popped up online, accompanied by news (that I've somehow neglected until now) that its producer is David Fincher. Going from "cool" to "fucking awesome" with ease.

No clue as to when this is coming out, but I'm now watching over the project with a fine eye. And will pick up some The Goon issues upon sight. Check out these images, which are unanimously being praised for sticking wine-on-me close to the source material:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Feels a bit like a gangland spin on Hack/Slash, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Source: Ain't It Cool News

No comments: