Friday, January 2, 2009

August 21, 2009....Inglourious Basterds will kick your ass (fingers crossed)

Spotted over at: Cinematical

So, Inglourious Basterds has been given an August 21, 2009 release date, it seems. Totally doesn't strike me as a late-Summer drop-in, honestly. That's the time when studios spew out the lowest-common-denominators of May-to-September moneymakers, isn't it? Has always seemed so to me---this past August 22, in fact (as Cinematical points out) saw Death Race and The House Bunny.... exactly. A WWII epic starring Brad Pitt, directed by Quentin Tarantino, and hoping to play in competition at the Cannes Film Festival feels about far from "lowest-common-denominator of May-to-September moneymakers" as a film can get, no?

I'm expecting this to shift to a later-2009 date sooner than later. But if not, all good with me either way. I just want to see the fuckin' thing already (even though I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Tarantino hasn't even finished shooting it yet....he's pumping this one out with rapid force).

At least this news is another excuse to post this pic from the film. Badass, it is:
Photobucket

No comments: