Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008, The Shitty Year That It Was for Rap

Yeah, 2008 was even more of a shitty year for rap than it was for American-made, theatrically-released horror films. Infinitely more so.

Sad that the only albums I can honestly say I still give a shit about are: Elzhi's The Preface and Europass, Black Milk's Tronic, eMC's The Show, Planet Asia and DJ Muggs' Pain Language, Q-Tip's The Renaissance, Scarface's Emeritus, and T.I.'s Paper Trail. Why "sad"? Because only one of those albums made any impact, and we all know which one. And yes, I do realize that The Carter 3 came out, but I'm still as indifferent about that one as I was upon initial listen(s).

After such an uneventful, lackluster year on my ears, I have zero energy and/or motivation to write about it. So thankfully Smoking Section has taken the initiative to compile a hilarious-because-its-all-true list of the year's biggest turds. Enjoy.

The Smoking Section's spot-on "Most Disappointing Hip Hop Albums of 2008

No comments: