Monday, December 29, 2008

"Why are you wearing that stupid man-suit?"

Revisiting this one tonight was a stellar idea.

Photobucket

After a good four years away from it, this one is still as hilarious, profound, unsettling, and perplexing as the first dozen times I watched it.

I refuse to believe that writer-director Richard Kelly is a one-cult-hit wonder. Here's to his next one, The Box, wiping the frustration-stains of his too-daring-for-its-own-good Southland Tales clean off. I mean, its based on a Richard Matheson tale, and Matheson is a pillar (in my mind). All the pieces are in play. Now, knock 'em down, Richie boy.

Oh, and Jena Malone truly is one of the most slept-on natural beauties in the game. I've seen plenty of her movie-press-run interviews, and she's never less than equal parts charming, quirky, and free-from-restraint.
Photobucket
I'd kick it with her any time, any place, any second.

No comments: