Thursday, November 20, 2008

slight retraction on my previous Twilight post....

Wait a minute here....Twilight is a hair over two hours long? And actually features "vegetarian" vampires?? Who can't be killed by sunlight or even stakes through the heart???

Photobucket

To be clear, I am aware that the book's "vegetarian" tag implies that the respective undead only feed on animals, and not humans. Not exactly lettuce and beets, but still, that's about the lamest shit I've heard all year. Don't even call them vampires, then; label them "flower children who prefer blood with their hummus-and-dog entree." Vegan vampires, haha. Please don't tell me that the later books in the series introduce house-trained werewolves, too, taken for walks by their owners. Terrible.

Something tells me I'd be better off not seeing this for the sake of "fair, balanced insulting," and watching Let The Right One In again instead. Now there's a young vampire story I can get behind. No discriminatory chewers, no daytime galavanting. Just right.

No comments: