Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I really don't wanna grow up....

Must be an another positive after-effect of the great Gianna/Nick duo....call me crazy, but aren't kids' movies becoming more and more badass? Kung Fu Panda was quality, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa had me laughing as much as the kids in attendance, and next year's Monsters vs. Aliens is near the top of my looking-forward-to statsheet.

This coming from a guy who, foolishly I'll admit, regularly shunned Pixar flicks and Disney feelgoods. No reason other than, basic disinterest. Friend recommendations abound, I'd still be as apathetic as ever. It's all changing, though, like a tide, or whatever. I mean, I'm damn excited to see Bolt either this weekend of early next week; I'd initally written off my intrigue over it as a byproduct of my dog-lover side, but I'm starting to think there's more to it.

And now comes this full trailer for Coraline, a Gothic fairy tale of sorts, from the warped mind of Neil Gaiman (an author I'm vowing to catch up on, in the near future). Looks like a great time. Count me in:



Just wait 'til Gianna and Nick are old enough to ask Uncle Matt to take them to the movies....Shit, looks like I'll have tons of catching up to do. Can you believe I've never seen Ice Age, or The Incredibles? Shame, shame.

No comments: