Monday, October 20, 2008

Sarah Michelle Gellar, and my undying love

Back when I was awkwardly battling through self-discovery and constantly trying to work up the nerve to kick game to attractive high school classmates, I'd often take solace in a particular WB program. You see, I knew there'd always be one girl in my life, however sad it was to actually believe so.

And that apple-of-my-eye was Sarah Michelle Gellar. Or, as I liked to call her, Buffy.

Photobucket

Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a weekly fix for me back during its first three-or-so seasons. Think about it. Vampires, ghouls, horror-y drama, and sexy "high school" girls. How could I have not been a fiend? When Buffy wasn't on her job, Eliza Dushku was there to keep me distracted and satisfied. Even nerdy redhead Alyson Hannigan could've caught it. And by "it," I hope you know what I mean. If not, sorry, baby ears.

Ms. Gellar (is the Prinze Jr. ever included? I refuse to acknowledge that tool Freddie, anyway, in any capacity. He sucks, big time) injected additional steroids into my affection as the sex kitten in I Know What You Did Last Summer, that post-Scream cinematic opportunist that I loved. Yes, loved. I even enjoyed that sequel with Brandy. Sue me. And then Gellar met her early demise in Scream 2, hanging around long enough to make me swoon yet again. She was a bonafide scream queen, a genre project regular and slayer of fanboy hormones. Especially mine.

Then she tipped my crush-scales as Daphne in those whatever-quality Scooby Doo flicks. And if you know me, you know how I much I adore the Doo. Saw both those joints in the theater. Proud of it.

Gellar's career has been colder than a witch's tit lately, but that hasn't stopped her from looking smoking-hot in a new photo shoot, overseen by photog Randall Slavin. Just to prove she's still got it, check this out:

Photobucket

May seem a bit tame, or even blahzay to most. But that pic is a heart-pounder in these brown eyes.

Freddie Prinze Jr??? Really??? Fuck me.

No comments: