Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why....so....serious?!?!

The strangest thing happened to me a couple hours ago. To be perfectly frank, this wasn't the first time it's happened to me, but this time it felt particularly bizarre.

I was exiting the theater on 34th Street, having just seen The Dark Knight for a second time (four behind my all-time record of seeing Grindhouse six times while in theaters....I'm a bit crazy like that when it comes to my movies). By now, being that nearly every breathing human has seen the movie already, it's no hush-hush that Heath Ledger's take on The Joker is iconic. brilliant. chilling. unbelievable. insane. mesmerizing. blah blah blah.....you get the gist. But anyway, as I was exiting stage right, I caught myself walking like how Ledger does when Joker is walking away from the exploding hospital--a sort-of stutter step mixed with a innocent sway blended with an aloofness pinched by a strong sense of evil. I'd say I walked about 10 steps or so before I realized this....catching myself in the act, I quickly glanced to see if any passers-by were peering at me with confusion and/or laughter. Thankfully, none that I could see were.

What made this especially trippy for me was that the macabre siren-y strings that accompany The Joker each time he pops up in The Dark Knight were playing in my head the whole time. Weird, huh? In fact, that music is still playing over in my head, even as I type out this a-bit-too-revelatory blog. Oh well. We all go a little mad sometimes, right Norman Bates?

No comments: