Wednesday, July 23, 2008

just had a Lost-like flash forward.....

....on the PATH train, coming to work. It's the strangest thing, something that actually happened to me like a year ago, on the same PATH train. Maybe NJ Transit is somehow connected to The Twilight Zone (how cool would that be, on second thought).

So yeah, anyway....I'm cramped up in next to one of the doors, being that this particular cart I'm in is pretty much filled to the brim. I can barely move, I have this like 4-foot-tall elderly lady to my left and an overweight guy wearing a hoodie to my right (a hoodie in 90-degree weather? At least it'll help him sweat off some pounds). And right before I'm about to drift into daydreamland, I notice this girl--probably 18, 19 years old--seated in the row directly across from Grandma Dwarf, and this bizarre feeling hits me: "That's what Gianna is going to look like when she gets older." Now, for those who don't instantly recognize that name, Gianna is my crazy-but-cool-as-hell niece who I love more than vanilla-flavored gelato (and boy do I love me some impostor ice cream). Hence why this creeps me out, how I've now seen what I consider a spitting image of a teenage Baby G on the PATH train.

Does this mean I'm a bit tetched? Am I some sort of clairvoyant visionary, blessed with magical powers to see into the future? If so, how can I fast-forward to see who the lucky gal is that I'm going to marry, so I can focus on finding her now instead of wasting my time dating all of these JV second-stringers keeping me back from my Varsity lettergirl? Or does something similar to this happen to other people as well? A reassuring sidenote: this girl is what others would definitely consider "very attractive," so Baby G has little worry about.

This definitely feels like a T-Zone episode of some sort; no one ep in particular, just something that the god himself Rod Serling would've had a field day with....come to think of it, I may have just inadvertently stumbled upon a dope idea for a story I can one day put letter-to-Word-document on. Well how about that? I've already gained some use out of this blogging thing.

1 comment:

lucky said...

matt, first off you are strange. second, you're not alone. third, yay you're blogging! which is almost as surprising as...me blogging (its clove btw) lol. anyway i keep telling people i have visions, a la "That's So Raven," and they think I'm crazy! I have like 5-second flashes of the future and when the visions come true it's sort of like deja vu. really weird...so im like you, also wondering if this happens to other people