Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How the Best Picture nominations SHOULD read.....

Been mulling over the Academy Awards' "Best Picture" nominations for the last week, and I've realized that if I had the power to select the five nods, it'd look completely different. When I whipped my little reaction post last week, I unfortunately neglected to address this, because the overwhelmed feeling I was overtaken with left me a bit dazed, left to stew in immediate impulses rather than sit with the nominations' list.

But now, some days removed and much freer of thoughts, here's my personal Best Picture nominees list (meaning, the five films I feel should've been nominated, if the Academy wasn't so conventional, voting based off political motivations and "is this a period piece, or about the Holocaust specifically" or whatever questions):

The Dark Knight
Slumdog Millionaire
The Wrestler
Wall-E
Milk


See....no singled-out love for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Reader, or Frost/Nixon. I almost threw in Revolutionary Road, but I've decided that my liking of that one is more aimed at the performances of Kate Winslet, Leonardo Dicaprio, and Michael Shannon (two of which were snubbed vehemently by the Oscar folk). Doubt almost made it, as well, but the power of my dude Wall-E is all too mighty.

If only I had my own E-vaa to watch the Oscars with, lying on my snug bed.

Photobucket

**Sigh**

No comments: