Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm right there with you, Sir Rourke

Two Mickey Rourke-related posts in a row, I notice. Whatever. The dude's killin 'em right now. It makes sense.

I was watching Access Hollywood earlier (isn't Billy Bush the biggest tool in showbiz? He should be contestant number one on VH1's latest reality TV soul-drainer Tool Academy, which I do award points to for having a seriously-spot-on name and a great conceit), and skill-less starfucker Bush asked Rourke about the deserved Best Actor winner at last night's Golden Globes thanking his dogs during his acceptance speech. As if, it's really that unbelievable that a guy would show love to his pooches at a time such as that.



Pish tosh, if you found Rourke's doggy-style praise to be goofy or lame. I would've done the same in his position. Hell, my life hasn't even been one-tenth as dramatic and difficult as Rourke's, yet I still thank my lucky constellation-decorations for Zoey, my beloved German Shepherd BFF. So imagine how much Rourke must love his chihuahuas, both living and deceased. Practically all of Hollywood wrote the man off more than once over the last 20 years. When his chips were not only down but fossilized, I'm sure his canine shotgun-riders were the only ones who consistently showed him genuine support and adoration. So shit yeah, go ahead and thank you dogs, man. They deserve it.

Zoey is getting old and brittle, so sadly, and I realize that she won't be around forever. But I also realize that without her presence during my awkward and challenging high school years, I very well could've sunk into fits of depression, or at least potent melancholy. Quiet and insecure, high-school-era Me had some great friends, but I never really understood why. Why would these kids want to hang out with a guy like me? I'd constantly inquire to self. With Zoey, though, I never felt such doubt. Same goes for relations with the opposite sex (chill with any "pause" bullshit, concerning any beastiality jokes, you sick fucks)--- whenever I was rejected by chicks or just left silent and intimidated to tears by showy and louder dames, Zoey was always there by the front door, wagging her tail and loving her "brother" as if I were the coolest kid in school.

Dogs are invaluable, and the only way to comprehend this fact is to have had one as a household pal at some point in your life. If not, if you've been a pussy-loving pussy or a fishtank-filling square, you won't get it.

Rourke gets it. As I'm sure many other celebs do. It's time the rest of the lot acknowledged their dogs when the time comes to salute the loved ones.

Now, excuse me while I pre-order a ticket for this weekend's Hotel for Dogs. Kidding, kidding...my love for the canine community is exactly why I'm resisting that flick. Out of respect. Similarly to my avoidance of Beverly Hills Chihuahua, and Twilight (out of horror devotion).

No comments: