Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Loved This Movie, Man

Got to see a very-early screening of this one a couple weeks back, and as my high expectations had prefaced, I loved it, man. One of the best casts of funny-yet-not-big-name talent in memory, from its leads (Paul Rudd = my man crush; Jason Segel, who keeps getting funnier and funnier; and Rashida Jones, who could charm my pants off any day) down to the bit players (Andy Samberg; the great J.K. Simmons; Jon Favreau; and a couple of The State alums).

Best part about the movie, though: it's actually kind-hearted, like top-to-bottom sweet and harmless. Which sounds corny, but is really endearing when done right, I Love You, Man being a nice example. Plus, it's quite funny (one beer boat race/projectile vomiting scene had me LOLing along with the rest of the very-pleased crowd).

I can acknowledge, however, that this isn't the funniest trailer around. But don't let it ruin any anticipation. The movie itself, while nowhere near some of Rudd's recent flicks, is still good times.

I Love You, Man.......enjoy:



I got three words for you: Slappin' de bass.

Written and directed by John Hamburg, the dude responsible for Along Came Polly, a comedy that left me unimpressed in the theater but has gotten much, much funnier over repeated TV airings. White chocolate! Old school! One of Philip Seymour Hoffman's finest hours, to me.

No comments: