Sunday, December 14, 2008

Greatest sitcom ever? In my world, the champ is here.....

Photobucket

Why isn't this show syndicated anymore? Fall back on the overflow of Seinfeld reruns (seriously, is it that re-watchable?) and give me some of the Arnold family. Please. But keep the Family Guy coming. Oh, for the love of all that's holy---never stop the Family Guy.

When this was on, I was a few years younger than sir Kevin Arnold, but that didn't stop me from identifying with him, hugely. Older brother who thrived by tormenting me, bullying so he'd look cooler in front of his loser friends? Check. Loving parents who'd occasionally bicker but ultimately come together in the end? Double Check. Quaint yet colorful-enough suburban scenery? Yup.

All I needed was somebody to provide every-moment narration to my world, and my very own Winnie Cooper, and the parallel would've been uncanny.

Funny (or sad), I'm still looking for my very own Winnie Cooper, fifteen calendars later. Damn shame. I've had some Becky Slaters since, but zero Winnies. Where for art thou?

***Keeping the TV-throwback sentiment going....hottest child-star-who's-now-all-grown-up ever, right here?
Photobucket
[Party of Five's Lacey Chabert]

Indeed.

No comments: