Friday, September 5, 2008

Where's The Love? Part 1: Celeb Chicks, Man Part 1

Some things in life, whether celebrity related or everyday man related, baffle my mind in their underrated-ness (that's tons of "ateds," huh). I've always been a champion for underdogs, so I've decided to do some blog entries where I'll be spotlighting my fave neglected things, by categories.

First up, my favorite Sleeper Female Celebs....obviously, in the looks department. There'll come a time when I do one on actresses based off talent, but these here are for physical first. Though, they're all actually talented in their own right, but that's not the matter at hand. These don't require many words to back them up, so I'll keep my written thoughts brief, to the point. So, without further delay.......hopefully this will wake some sleepers up about these gals' uber-sexy.


Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Photobucket

Quite possibly the most underrated "sexy actress" in the game right now. Maybe I love her so because she's largely done genre flicks: some shit good ones (that Black Christmas remake was fucking atrocious), the occasional one that surprises me in its quality (Final Destination 3), and then the downright awesome (Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof). Her next big project is Scott Pilgrim, based off a comic book series I'm dying to read and starring Superbad/Juno hot-boy Michael Cera and directed by the dope Edgar Wright. Should rule. And hopefully should wake motherfuckers up to the fine that is Mary El.
--

Emmanuelle Chriqui

Photobucket

I'm pretty sure Ms. Chriqui and I first fell in (one-sided) love during Snow Day, an otherwise lame kiddie flick in which she played the generic "hot girl who our nerdy lead secretly loves" role. Eye candy, basically. But then she popped up in the pretty-cool Texas Chainsaw ripoff Wrong Turn (alongside another gal who'll appear later on this here list), wearing a skintight blue tank top, and acting a bit promiscous, and I was smitten. Instantly. Flawlessy-cute face....nice tan skin...airtight body. That blonde troll on Entourage is in way above his head with her....she needs a fella like me to relieve him of his duties.
--

Eliza Dushku

Photobucket

The other actress who was in Wrong Turn with Chriqui....I first fell head over heels for Dushku during my Buffy The Vampire Slayer fanboy days (I admit it....the first three seasons rocked my world). I was all about Sarah Michelle Gellar until Dushku jumped on the scene as the meaner Faith, which instantly converted me. I gotta have Faith, I thought during every episode. Since Buffy, she's done a couple things, but sadly she's basically forgotten by men's magazines, casting agents, etc.....but thankfully, she's starring in a new TV show called Dollhouse, meaning I'll have a new show to watch this season. Hopefully it lasts for a few seasons, if not for only to see Dushku weekly. I've been patient....it's time to collect, now.
--

Christina Ricci

Photobucket

No, this was not an excuse to post this new pic of Ricci wearing the shit out of that bikini. Although, it's worth mentioning again: Ricci is killing the beach-going game right there. But anyway....Wednesday Addams herself has always been high on my crush list. Perhaps its because she's a bit of an eccentric, a quality I find oh-so-endearing in a dame. She chooses really unique and unexpected roles, and always gives a strong performance. I personally liked Speed Racer, even though it was certainly way too long and confusing, but I still enjoyed. Largely because Ricci was so button-cute as Trixie. She's one that I actually don't mind being slept-on in the looks dept....it adds to her allure, really.
--

Ashley Judd

Photobucket

True, she's much older than I am, but I didn't want this list to only include ladies around my age or so. Judd has always been the "older woman of my dreams" type.....gorgeous, elegant. She's not only underrated as a sex symbol, she's brutally slept-on as an actress.....so many great performances, but my personal favorite is last year's also-slept-on psychological weirdfest Bug, in which she gave an award-worthy showing. If only pseudo-horror flicks were award fodder, that is. But whatever. She's insanely beautiful in my book. Always has. Always will be.
--

And with Judd, this batch of sleepers has drawn to a close. I know I'm not alone here. All five of these ladies rock my world, and surely the worlds of many others who've seen the light. But on a bigger scale, I still must ask:

Where's the love????

---------------

M.B. NOTE: Had to add one more. I'm currently skimming through the new Fall TV Preview issue of Entertainment Weekly and came across a blurb on that show Lipstick Jungle, which I don't watch, but one of its stars is....

Lindsay Price

Photobucket

Can't off the top of my head name what movies I know her from, but there's definitely a bunch. She's one of the sexy ladies who pops up in random projects I'm watching, and I'm always bitten by the lovebug, but never know her name or anything about her....but a couple issues ago, somebody at Esquire magazine had the genius idea to shoot her naked (no nips or anything seen, of course....it's not Playboy now) for their annual "My First Time...." feature package, and it was quite a shot to see.

Actually.....here, see for yourself (as seen in Esquire):

Photobucket

........exactly.

So, again.....where's the love?????

No comments: