Monday, September 1, 2008

Martyrs Watch 2008, The Genesis Post

Photobucket

[Like I've done with Quarantine, I'm kicking off a series of posts centered around the upcoming French horror ish Martyrs, another film, like Quarantine, I'm dying to watch....and another that I've written about here extensively already....so I figure, why not dedicate a special series to it now? Here goes...]

Another day, another Martyrs review read without my having seen it yet....fuck me. Twas another reaction from the Toronto International Film Festival, and yet again talked the flick up as some sort of "film festival classic."

Now it's at the point of pissing me off to no end....the stage of "excitement and anticipation" has subsided. Been reading about this movie for like four, five months now. Just want to see the damn thing already. If all of these viewers are saying that its BETTER than Inside, after simultaneously praising Inside, we most certainly should have a winner on our hands.

I'm thinking of running up into the Weinstein Company's offices and demanding that they show me a print pronto, or else I'll stop promoting the film on a modest blog that about 17 people regularly read. One being my cousin, who by blood is obligated to do so anyway. That should make the Weinsteins ante up, no?

Besides, I'll eventually run out of movie images to post in these Martyrs entries. Even though they've all been kick-ass so far. And the two actresses in the film are beyond gorgeous, and from what I've gathered, plot-wise, they're put through the ringer and subjected to shit that'll make people leave the cinema and possibly vomit, or at least sob in compassionate sadness. Jesus, I need this movie in my life.

How 'bout one more pic, then, for good measure? The two hotties....a double-barred shooter =

Dirty Sexy Honey(s)

Photobucket

No comments: