Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Remote Control.....You Can Finally Take A Breather

Holy shit......

....how come nobody had alerted me about this glorious channel before? If not for my brother, I'd have never known that there's actually an entire television network dedicated to playing horror movies all day, every day.

Monsters HD is the coolest channel to ever grace an idiot box. Hands down. I mean, c'mon....last night, I saw Day of the Dead for the first time ever on a TV network (seen it over like three dozen times on DVD, but never have been able to just click on to it, 'til now). Right now, I'm checking out Pumpkinhead for the first time ever (a movie I've heard tons about but haven't seen, 'til now).

Old black-and-white flicks, popular and obscure; cheesy '70s and '80s gems; new-wave offerings. This ish has them all....thank god my roommate's father hooked our living room up with the kick-ass flat screen, HD tube. Now I just gotta hope that my roommate comes home late every night from here on out, because he doesn't fuck with my kinda cinema, and Monsters HD isn't available on my humble mini-TV in the bedroom.

I'm off, now, to continue watching Pumpkinhead. No clue why the monster is called that...certainly doesn't look like no jack-o-lantern. But hopefully I'll know by film's end. Or, maybe not. Maybe it'll be one of those bizarre little gems that never even tries to make a shred of sense. It was directed by the late great effects king Stan Winston, his lone directorial effort if I'm not mistaken. That alone makes it one I have to watch.

Monsters HD, bitches!

No comments: