Friday, April 10, 2009

Walkin' High on the Moon

Hopefully, I'll be able to catch this one when it plays at the Tribeca Film Festival later this month....wait, fuck am I kidding? I have all the time in the world as of now, so there's no excuse.

Sam Rockwell is a great actor, one of my favorites (catch Snow Angels now on cable if possible, he's shattering in it), so a film starring him and only him for the majority of the runtime is foolproof material. Give it a trailer as wowzer as this one, and then you have the best-looking straight science fiction flick to come out in some time. Aside from Danny Boyle's Sunshine, has there been a great no-frills sci-fi movie in recent memory? I think not.

Here's the trailer for Duncan Jones' Moon (Jones is the son of David Bowie, I read somewhere):



Gives me the fuzzy feeling of 2001: A Space Odyssey, with a nice narcotic musical score. And tons of pristine-looking visuals.

This one's high on the list.

No comments: