Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's about time for a new slasher film that doesn't suck....could this be it?

What was the last "really good" new, original slasher film? Nope, Adam Green's Hatchet was not it (that one was just "good"). I'm talking excellent/makes me want to watch it over and over again/could be a franchise in the right studio's hands. The Midnight Meat Train is essentially a slasher, so that could be an answer, but I'm talking old school style.

Well I'm pondering, here's a trailer for this upcoming straight-to-DVD flick Laid to Rest (out April 21), which I've been reading tons of excitable press about on the various horror sites. Having now finally caught a real peak myself, I must say that this does look rather quality. The killer's metal-skeleton mask alone is tough. Like a better version of Mr. Voorhees in Jason X.

Photobucket

A terrifying story of a young girl who wakes up in a casket with a traumatic head injury and no memory of her identity. She quickly realizes she was abducted by a Deranged Serial Murderer and in an isolated rural town she must survive the night and outsmart the technologically inclined killer who is hellbent on finishing what he started.


Laid to Rest even nailed the "must cast an exceptionally-gorgeous chick" aspect. Let's meet its star, Bobbie Sue Luther:

Photobucket

This one is on the right track, my friends. Hit the link below to watch the impressive trailer.

Bloody Disgusting's LAID TO REST trailer debut

No comments: