Friday, February 27, 2009

Five Silver Bullets in the Clip

If there has ever been more perfect casting in the last ten or so years of horror, I challenge any brave-but-ultimately-wrong sould to present the example(s). While I'm waiting for the incorrect answer(s), here's a series of so good, so right images from Rick Baker's makeup work on the upcoming The Wolfman, starring Benicio Del Toro, who was pretty much born to play the role.

These images are what appears to be the much-rumored, highly-anticipated "transformation" scene, which many (including myself) uses little if any CGI and goes the painfully-real-looking, skin-and-bone-stretching route of An American Werewolf in London, only that it'd be ten times cooler now thanks to modern advances. Based off these five images below, it looks like Rick Baker and his team are about to blow my baggy jeans right off.

As suggested by the dude Arrow on Joblo (attribution below), it's best to squint your eyes and scroll through these as quickly as possible. Treat them like one of those flipbooks you'd make as a kid:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Fuckin' awesome. No other words necessary.

Originally, The Wolfman was supposed to howl in theaters in April, I believe, which would've meant I'd be salivating in anticipation right about now. But alas, it was bumped back to November, which bodes well for the film's quality but not so much for my lack of patience for such things as modern-day spins on classic horror icons that star A-list talent and look great. Van Helsing, this shall not be.

The Wolfman is my personal dave Universal monster, ever since my pops showed me the Lon Chaney, Jr. take on VHS back in like the 1st grade. Probably because he's way more vicious than the Count or Frank. Wolfman was even the nastiest in The Monster Squad, which forever reminded the world that the Wolfman indeed has nards. And don't you forget it.

Pics first spotted over at: Arrow In The Head

No comments: