Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Matt Barone = Fashionisto

Obviously, this post's headline is the ultimate oxymoron, a total okie doke. Utter bullshit. I'm about as far from a fashion icon as Adam Sandler (you ever see him dressed at awards shows? Hilarious, dude literally comes straight from his local pub in sneakers and t-shirts. Classy guy). Yet, earlier today, I still somehow found myself seated in attendance at a swanky Manhattan fashion show. Runway, and all. I must've been like Waldo in that spot. "What doesn't fit here? Oh, yeah, that dude wearing black Air Force 1s, baggy Sean John jeans, and a solid gray colored shirt."

Not that I voluntarily attended this shit, now. I was there for business purposes, checking out a new R&B singer who performed in between runway sets. She had one hell of a voice, but her two songs sucked overall, and she had three lifeless yet attractive drones as backup dancers.

But all wasn't lost, fortunately. I did get first-person, right-in-front-of-me looks at a couple of smoking-hot celeb gals: Mel B, and Danity Kane's blonde babe Aubrey O'Day. And neither failed to meet, and well, exceed, expectations.


Of course, I know jack-shit about women's style, so don't expect me to comment and/or critique any of the pieces I saw. Lucky enough I was even seated in one of those traditional white foldable chairs, next to people taking notes on that clothing, snapping camera phone pics, chit-chatting with the trendy person next to them. It was like I was Anne Hathaway in THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA, while she say wide-eyed at that fancy fashion show. Except I can give a fuck about high-end fashion. And I'm not a really hot actress. But apples and oranges, these are.

First up was Khloe Kardashian's new line, called "Dash." Creative name, right? Womp womp. But surprisingly, Khloe (the fugliest of the otherwise bangin' Kardashian sisters) wasn't as beastly in-person as she seems any other time. Not saying that she was hot or anything; rather, she's a quintessential girl that I'd go after during a drink-full night out in Hoboken. And I'm not ashamed to admit it. As for her clothing line, blah blah. I'd never buy any of it for a girl.

[actually, Khloe looks good to me in this pic, too....let me find out I'm developing a thang-thang for her now....]

Photobucket

Then the singer, who I was there to see, came on. Her name is Kreesha Turner....nice voice, strong stage presence, really cute. But wack-ass songs. Send her back to the studio, EMI Music. Asap.

Then to the grand finale....Mel B's new lingerie line, Ultimo B. What a jip! Mel B herself didn't even model any of this "sexy" underwear. Fuck! But cot damn, Mel B is a sight for sore eyes in person. Dare I say, she looks BETTER in person.

[here's her modeling some Ultimo B, in an ad....sweet, huh?]

Photobucket

I love that woman. Ditto for Aubrey O'Day, who modeled one of Kardashian's outfits, a skintight yellow t-shirt and flatteringly form-fitting jeans. Her body is crazy. I'm not super into blondes, but for Aubrey, I'd make an exception any day.

Photobucket

As for Mel B's lingerie line.....not exactly an expert opinion here, but I'd be pretty content if a girl I was with stripped down to her skivvies and was wearing a piece of Ultimo B. Sexy stuff. Too bad, though, that all the girls wearing it today were rail-thin.

Aubrey was also carrying around some shitty little white dog the whole time, a dog wearing a black shirt and looking mucho embarassed. Poor pooch....what's with these blond socialite types using mini-canines as accessories? Shouldn't the ASPCA be on top of this by now?

'Tis all.

Wait....was this at all sexist, or chauvinistic? Oh well, if it was, whatever. I'm a dude, right? Just being honest here. Mel B and Aubrey O'Day are badd chicks.

Don't expect to hear more about yours truly attending fashion shows, however. I haven't felt so out of my element in ages. I'll stick to movie screenings and things of that sort. Much better to be in darkness than in light surrounded by people who's every move is dictated by what Elle, GQ, or Vogue magazines tell them is "in."

It's Macys all the way for me. Now, til eternity.

No comments: