Sunday, January 4, 2009

So now you know....

Courtesy of: Shock Til You Drop

I have an awfully good feeling about My Bloody Valentine 3D...great gory, sleazy, T&A-heavy, 1980s-throwback times seem to be in place. Plus, I've never experienced the whole "3D glasses in a movie theater" gimmick before, and I can't think of a better way to give it a go than with pick-axes flying at my face and boobies bouncing around. Just makes perfect sense.

I've gotten a sense, however, that too many are unaware that its in fact a remake of a 1981 slasher from Canada, obviously titled My Bloody Valentine. In the canon of low-grade, post-Halloween-and-Friday-the-13th slashers, My Bloody Valentine stands as a better-than-given-credit-for bit of debauch. And what's even cooler is that Lionsgate is re-releasing an uncensored DVD this month, timed with the remake, that includes extended moments of blood and guts previously unseen. Awesome. I will have to buy.

Here's a trailer, spotted over at Shock Til You Drop (as already disclosed), for the original's new DVD treatment. Which should help familiarize those not friendly with it, before you (potentially) see the remake in two weeks.

No comments: